Enhanced Braking. Enhanced Responsiveness with eABS Anti-Skid Brakes
KCAC Aviation has partnered with Advent Aircraft Systems to provide our PC-12 customers enhanced braking functionality through the installation of the eABS braking system.
The eABS anti-skid braking system can be easily installed on all PC-12 models equipped with WAAS enabled GPS. There are multiple advantages of the Advent eABS system:
- System Performance – Better directional control and reduced stopping distance on runways contaminated with debris, water, ice and snow.
- Tire Protection – Eliminates flat-spotted and blown tires during aggressive stopping on dry or contaminated runways.
- Tactile Feedback – During anti-skid operation, the brake pedal pushes back, annunciating its operation. This feature aids the pilot in knowing the braking limits of the airplane.
- Low-Speed Cut-out – The system will not operate, in anti-skid mode, when aircraft speed is below 10 knots.
- Touchdown Protection – Wheel speed must spin up to at least 85 percent of aircraft speed before brakes will operate.
- Convenience – The non-invasive, easy-to-install system requires minimal downtime, either as a standalone installation or during scheduled maintenance; typically as few as five days, depending on the aircraft type.
- Customer Service and Warranty – An extended warranty covers the installation and parts.
The Advent eABS system offers anti-skid braking without the need for power-boosted brakes, bulky and heavy hydraulic accumulators, and does not require modification to the existing landing gear or master cylinders.
For over 50 years, KCAC Aviation has brought our customers the latest in innovative technology for optimum aircraft performance. To learn more about enhancing your PC-12’s landing performance and braking capabilities, contact KCAC’s maintenance department at 866.359.5222.